Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Update

Okay, so it has been forever since I updated this blog. Real life got in the way. So what's been happening?? Well, after a few classes into my third attempt at seminary, I have finally concluded that it is just not what I should be doing right now (or ever). There are various reasons that have led my wife and I to that conclusion, which I won't spell out here. Needless to say though, my desire to read and learn and converse about theology, spirituality, postmodern thought, etc will not stop.

I sent my application in to Lehigh University a few weeks ago. I believe my next step is grad school, and if accepted to Lehigh I will pursue a Master's in Sociology. I love cultural studies, and I want to teach someday (in what setting I'm still not sure). A Master's degree in Sociology is a first step towards making a shift in career/focus for me. I'll keep you posted about that.

No comments: