Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Post Wedding Update

So, a little about the wedding and honeymoon. Wedding day was absolutely beautiful weather-wise. Everything went great. Honeymoon: we landed in Honolulu after a 10 hour or so direct flight from Newark. It afforded me the chance to get some good reading done, and spend some quality time with my new wife. We spent a night in Honolulu, went to Pearl Harbor the next morning, and then left for Maui that afternoon. We spent the remaining time (6 nights) in Maui. Food was great, biking down a volcano was cool, weather was great, etc etc.

So, one of the books I got to start and nearly finish while away (I've since finished it) was Brian McLaren's A New Kind of Christian. Wow, what a book. I would encourage anyone who is seeking to understand just what it means to be a follower of Christ in the time we find ourselves in to read it. It will challenge you, frustrate you, and give you a great sense of hope for what lies ahead.

No comments: